Once again, we’re unable to meet together in person but we can still join in worship from wherever we are…
It Is Well, from Matt & Leanne…
How Sweet The Name, from Andrew, James & Kate…
Max’s Memory Verse
Max returns with a memory verse… this week, John 16v33
This week, Andy shares a message titled ‘Church is the Army of the Lord’…
Please note, that in light of the news of a further lockdown, we have now suspended live services, prayer meetings, community groups etc until further notice. For more information, please feel free to get in touch.
Reflections for the Week
- Before listening to the sermon, did you see yourself as a soldier? If not, what?
- Considering how we are described in Eph. 2:2 and Col. 1:13… How should this affect us?
- How do we put the armour of God on? How does /should it affect our thinking each day?
John 15:18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.
If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
Paul was awaiting death in prison when he wrote this. How does that affect our minor discomforts?
- How do you feel about ‘army’ life with all of its hardships?
- What comparable hardships do we face today?
- How can we equip ourselves to think less like a Civvy & more like a soldier of Christ?
- Jesus is our Commanding Officer, what can I do to please him? Can I improve on that?
- What does it mean to you to be part of the church family unit?
- What can you do to better function as part of that unit?
- How can we best strengthen other members of our ‘unit’?
- Heb. 12:1-3- what will you do to ensure that you do not lose heart & grow weary?