Welcome! This morning, Andy introduces a series of messages on ‘Practical Proverbs’.
Matt & Leanne bring us It Is Well…
Another from our worship group’s socially distanced recording sessions – George, Sue, Dawn, Sharon & Phill Z bring us This Is Our God…
Jen & Joe share the story of when Jesus healed a blind man…
Andy introduces ‘Practical Proverbs’…
Stay For Coffee…
Every Sunday, 11:00am on Zoom
Whilst we regularly meet with our home groups over video calls, we really miss time together as a whole church family on a Sunday morning. To help us keep in touch with each other, we host a weekly Zoom meeting for our regulars. This happens from 11:00am every Sunday. The Zoom invitation has been sent out to all who we have details for but if you haven’t received the invitation, please contact email@example.com so we can add you to the email list. I’m afraid we’ll have to ask you to provide your own tea/coffee!
Reflections for the Week
Below are a few of the many verses which refer to the fear of the Lord. Notice that there is teaching for us to learn and apply in our lives which will make a positive difference or keep us from harm.
Ask the Holy Spirit to open your mind to understand the Scriptures, (Luke 24:45). Read them and let the word of God speak to you. Ponder what changes if any, you need to make in order to respond to these scriptures.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you make those changes and then take the necessary steps to implement the required changes.
Maybe do a life audit; is anything or anyone coming before God? If so, correct it.
Make family Bible time a priority. Read & study together. Know & apply the Word in your lives.
Learn one proverb a week. E.g. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Why not look up all the scriptures that relate to the fear of the Lord?
Promise: Proverbs 3:13 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding.
- Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil.
- Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding.
- Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.
- Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.
- Psalm 25:14 The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant
- Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.
- Psalm 34:9 Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack!
- Psalm 112:1 Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments!
- Psalm 19:9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.
- Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
- 1 Peter 2:17 Honour everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the emperor.
- Proverbs 22:4 The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honour and life.
- Proverbs 16:6 By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one turns away from evil.
- Psalm 2:11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
- Psalm 145:19 He fulfils the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.
- Proverbs 15:16 Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble with it.
- Proverbs 10:27 The fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short.
- Psalm 34:11 Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.