This morning, Andy shares a message titled “Sovereignty and Security”…
Goodness of God…
Andy shares a message titled “Sovereignty and Security”…
Please note, whilst live services are currently suspended, we look forward to starting in-person meetings again when we can. In the meantime, we would still love to hear from you – please feel free to get in touch!
Reflections for the Week
1 Peter 1: 12 ‘So’ is better translated as therefore as Peter refers to the very important truths covered in verse 1-11 and covered in the previous 4 sermons.
- God has given us everything we need for a godly life.
- God called us by his powerful grace.
- Grace inspires us to live by godly virtues to enter God’s kingdom & testify of our salvation
They know & are firmly established the truth but he will keep reminding them – Why?
- Eternal life is at risk! If I claim to be a Christian but I live ungodly, it’s a big problem! Much better to confront that now than lament it for eternity in hell! (1 Cor. 6; Gal. 5).
- Godly truth strengthens us in mind AND spirit, giving us the power to live a godly life.
- He knows he will be martyred soon (AD 68) & that false teachers are in their churches.
Peter hoped his words would stab the believers awake so they would reject what the opponents taught. Believers know the gospel, and yet they must, in a sense, relearn it every day.
– T. Schreiner